Since 2011, Florida SBDCs have provided 624,331 hours of consulting to 58,975 client businesses, creating a significant positive impact on Florida’s economy.
Our numbers say it all. For every $1 invested in the Florida SBDC Network, $37 is returned to the state in tax revenue.*
Regional Service Summary (2017)
Serving Desoto, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk and Sarasota Counties, the Florida SBDC at USF Region delivered substantial consulting and training services in 2017 that resulted in a significant return on investment.
Professionally certified business consultants delivered 15,875 hours of consulting to 1,844 entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- Consulting client breakdown:
849 or 46% Women
252 or 14% Veterans and Service-Connected Disabled Veterans
782 or 42% Minorities
- 320 training events were conducted for 3,191 attendees.
- Jobs Created, Retained and Saved*: 4,863
- Sales Generated*: $610.2M
- Government Contracts Acquired**: $9.6M
- Capital Investment**: $11.4M
- New Businesses Started**: 32
2018 Economic Impact Analysis of the Florida SBDC Network by FSU CEFA* | Reported by respondent clients of outcomes resulting from or in part due to assistance in 2011-2017**