Since 2011, Florida SBDCs have provided 513,107hours of consulting to 74,669 client businesses, creating a significant positive impact on Florida’s economy.
Our numbers say it all. For every $1 invested in the Florida SBDC Network, $57 is returned to the state in tax revenue.*
Regional Service Summary (2016)
Serving Desoto, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk and Sarasota Counties, the Florida SBDC at USF Region delivered substantial consulting and training services in 2016 that resulted in a significant return on investment.
Professionally certified business consultants delivered 16,124 hours of consulting to 1,636 entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- Consulting client breakdown:
755 or 46% Women
244 or 15% Veterans and Service-Connected Disabled Veterans
786 or 48% Minorities
- 328 training events were conducted for 3,346 attendees.
- Jobs Created, Retained and Saved*: 3,441
- Sales Generated*: $449.6M
- Government Contracts Acquired**: $41.5M
- Capital Investment**: $81.1M
- New Businesses Started**: 50
Economic Impact of SBDC Business Development Activities on the Florida Economy, 2017* | Reported by respondent clients of outcomes resulting from or in part due to assistance in 2016**