Since 2011, Florida SBDCs have provided 401,475 hours of consulting to 45,502 client businesses, creating a significant positive impact on Florida’s economy.
Our numbers say it all. For every $1 invested in the Florida SBDC Network, $39 is returned to the state in tax revenue.*
Regional Service Summary (2015)
Serving Desoto, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk and Sarasota Counties, the Florida SBDC at USF Region delivered substantial consulting and training services in 2015 that resulted in a significant return on investment.
Professionally certified business consultants delivered 16,283 hours of consulting to 1,846 entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- Consulting client breakdown:
862 or 47% Women
247 or 13% Veterans and Service-Connected Disabled Veterans
828 or 45% Minorities
- 384 training events were conducted for 3,842 attendees.
- Jobs Created, Retained and Saved*: 3,184
- Sales Generated*: $501.6M
- Government Contracts Acquired**: $65.5M
- Capital Investment**: $24.6M
- New Businesses Started**: 37
Economic Impact of SBDC Business Development Activities on the Florida Economy, 2016* | Reported by respondent clients of outcomes resulting from or in part due to assistance in 2015**