WorkNet Pinellas & Tampa Bay WorkForce Alliance’s Internship Program
WorkNet Pinellas & Tampa Bay WorkForce Alliance’s Internship Program provides opportunities for individuals who have completed occupational classroom skills training that need to gain job-related skills and knowledge.
By participating, employers benefit by being reimbursed up to 80% for the intern’s wages during the internship period.
- Finding future employees. An internship program is a proven recruiting tool; an ongoing pipeline of future employees.
- Saving the cost of recruiting and hiring. According to a 2009 Internship Survey,
- 67.7% of 2007-08 interns were offered full-time positions;
- 83.6% of these offers were accepted; and
- 35.3% of employers’ full-time, entry-level hires came from their internship programs.
- “Test driving” the intern. Hiring someone as an intern is the most effective way to evaluate their potential as a full-time employee.
- Increasing employee-retention rate. The proof for the test-driving theory is in the positive employee retention figures: According to the same Internship Survey, almost 40% of employers reported a higher five-year retention rate among employees they’d hired via an internship program.
- Enhancing perspective. New people bring with them novel perspectives, fresh ideas, and specialized strengths and skill sets.
JOIN THE TEAM OF EMPLOYERS WHO ARE
CREATING A PIPELINE OF TALENT!
PLEASE CALL OR E-MAIL FOR SPECIFIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Pinellas County Employers, contact: Crystal Collyer at (727) 608-2430 or email@example.com
Hillsborough County Employers, contact: Maria Wright at (813) 397-2027 or firstname.lastname@example.org