Basic Economic Development Course
November 3-6, 2020
This course is accredited by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) and the American Planning Association (APA), Florida Chapter Sun Coast. The BEDC is a 4-day course and each registrant is required to attend all modules of the course in order to receive a completion certificate. This course qualifies as a professional development training requirement needed to sit for the Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) examination.
Accreditation (IEDC & APA)
The Basic Economic Development Course is designed for persons in positions related to economic development, including:
- Economic Development Professionals
- Public officials or staff engaged in economic development
- Members of local development organizations
The Basic Economic Development Course covers:
- Business Retention and Expansion
- Strategic Planning
- Economic Development Finance
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship Development
- Community/Neighborhood Development
- Real Estate Development and Reuse
- Workforce Development
- Managing Economic Development Organizations
Registration includes a copy of the current IEDC Introduction to Economic Development manual.
Dress Code: Business Casual
Attendance: The BEDC is accredited by the International Economic Development Council and must contain the required number of instructional hours to meet IEDC standards. All modules of the course must be attended in order to receive a completion certificate. If a portion or an entire module of instruction is missed, it will be at the discretion of the course administrator as to whether completion standards have been met. Emergencies will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
More Info: For general inquiries, please contact course administrator Kris Manning at firstname.lastname@example.org.